ATN3000 Class 3 Aton
DigAtoN AIS AtoNs fit to marine structures, hazards, buoys or can be configured to represent a virtual or synthetic point if mounted remotely from a physical location.
AIS equipped vessels and shore stations can then not only identify the position of these marks but also read data (such as weather and instruments) collected by the AtoN.
The DigAtoN is available as a Class 1 device (transmit only) or a Class 3 device (transmit and receive). Class 1 devices require a local AIS base station to be operating in the same area as the AtoN whereas Class 3 devices can internally allocate slots for transmission allowing them to be placed anywhere.
Class 3 devices can also be configured and queried remotely and wirelessly “chained” together for extended range configuration.
DigAtoN products are also available with an additional sensor interface installed to allow extended monitoring and digital switching capability.
- Physically similar to the Class 1 product
- Transmit and receive device using FTDMA or RATDMA (random access time division multiple access) technology
- DigAtoN Class 3 can internally allocate time slots for transmission so no need for a local AIS Base Station
- Effectively allows installation “anywhere”
- AIS receive capability also allows for device to be remotely configured and queried for status via AIS messages from a shore station (VDL configuration)
- Wireless chaining also possible to allow extension of control and configuration from AIS base station using multiple DigAtoNs
All models feature:
- Dual NMEA interfaces 4 User IOs for light or racon health status
S Models feature additional interface card with:
- Current sense
- Three non-isolated analogue inputs and two isolated analogue inputs 5 isolated digital I/Os and 5 non-isolated digital I/Os
- Two RS232 ports and a fully isolated RS422/NMEA port
- Two relay drive outputs SDI-12 serial bus (note only 1 RS232 port available if this interface is utilized)
- Input voltage monitor (no external connection required)
- Brand: Digital Yacht