AIS / VHF / FM Splitter
Many AIS splitters introduce significant signal loss, some say no loss but this unique Vesper Marine splitter is the only one that provides signal gain - improving AIS reception and increasing range. This is because the Vesper Marine splitter has a built-in low noise amplifier. This is especially important to increase the receive range from the increasing number of low power AIS SART and MOB devices.
In addition to the amplification provided by this splitter, when used with your existing antenna you can optimize the range of your AIS transponder because the antenna is also mounted as high as possible.
It is designed to work with all Vesper Marine AIS transponders. In addition it has a unique on-screen VHF-in-use indicator when used with the WatchMate 850 and WatchMate Vision AIS transponders. Increases the performance of other manufacturer’s AIS receivers and transponders too!
To simplify installation you can share an existing VHF antenna by using this splitter. The unit removes the need for a separate VHF antenna for an AIS receiver or transponder and allows a single antenna to be shared with a VHF radio.
This is an excellent solution when it is difficult to install an additional antenna or you wish to share an existing VHF antenna and maximize your AIS range.
You can use this splitter with an existing antenna installation that is in good operating condition. However, for an optimized AIS and VHF antenna system, choose our AIS antenna designed to be shared with VHF radios.
- Provides amplification to the AIS signal resulting in much higher AIS sensitivity, improving AIS receive range
- 4 convenient status LED’s (power, VHF transmit, AIS transmit, antenna quality)
- VHF Fail-safe. VHF radio always has priority and can always transmit even if the power to the splitter fails
- The unique antenna quality LED indicates a problem with the antenna, cable or installation
- Waterproof high quality rugged construction made specifically for marine use
- VHF-in-use indicator appears on the screen of the WatchMate 850 and WatchMate Vision whenever the VHF radio is being used. This indicates when AIS traffic is delayed due to antenna use by the VHF radio
- Provides AM/FM radio connection. An optional cable with a standard “Motorola plug” is available to make installation easy. Plugs directly into almost all car or marine stereos
- No adapters or special patch cords needed for VHF and AIS. Uses standard PL-259 patch cables (1 x 2m (6.5ft) cable included)
- 12/24 volts with very low power consumption
- Brand: Vesper